Email from a friend 5/9/13:
EXERCISE PROGRAM FOR THOSE OVER 50
1) Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side.
2) With a 5-lb potato bag in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can.
3) Each day you’ll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer. After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb potato bags.
3) Then try 50-lb potato bags and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb potato bag in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute (most people can manage this within a month).
4) Then, after you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each bag.